The market in Seville always had a great tradition in the course of its long history. City as pretty and cheerful as commercial, the markets in Seville they are wonderful places in which know the particular idiosyncrasies of its people and in which to get the most various productsfrom the tastiest delicacies of the land up to all kinds of crafts, antiques, or clothing.
We propose a route by markets and markets most popular of the andalusian capital.
The best markets, groceries and street markets of Seville
Both the seasonal as the permanent, the markets and markets in Seville they are part of the rich cultural life of the city.
The Markets of Seville
These classic places for the purchase of food in the present have become points a must for the many lovers of the gastronomic tourism visit the city of seville.
The markets of Seville more popular are located in the center of the city and you can visit them Monday to Saturday:
- Market of the Incarnation (Mercado de la Encarnación): with a modern design, is located in the Plaza de la Encarnación, in the Space Metropol Parasol.
- Triana market: one of the markets in Seville most tourist, next to the Guadalquivir river and the Castle of San Jorge.
- Calle Feria’s market: popular and very traditional market of Seville located adjacent to the Church of Omnium Santorium, and an ideal place for tapas in Seville.
- Mercado del Arenal: located in street Pastor y Landero, in the emblematic neighbourhood of El Arenal.
Street markets in Seville
A excellent choice of leisure, especially during the weekends these street markets in Seville are great places to buy all types of crafts and eye-catching curiosities.
Street markets in Seville in working days
- Thursday’s market: in the historical street Feria, as its name indicates, is held every Thursday of the year. Traditional from centuries ago, in his numerous posts installed in the ground, you can find the most interesting records, books and various antiques. An authentic must among the markets in Seville.
- Flea market of costume Jewellery and add-Ons: works from Wednesday to Saturday in the Plaza del Duque, next to the Corte inglés, one of the most commercial areas of the city of Seville.
Flea markets on Saturday and Sunday
- Flea market of Art: in the Plaza of the Museum, with a large number of professional painters and amateur that expose their pictures.
- Flea market of the Philately and Numismatics: in front of the Cathedral of Seville, in the Plaza del Cabildo, in which you can find interesting pieces of collecting stamps, coins and different antiquities.
- Mercadillo del Charco de la Pava: in front of the Tower, Triana, on the Island of la Cartuja, on the Saturdays you can find at very low price all type of clothes, footwear and add-ons, while Sunday more focused on electronics, antiques, and next to them, numerous stalls of vegetables and fruits.
There are many flea markets and markets of Seville we left in the pipeline, as are the Organic products in the Alameda of Hercules, the Souk Maria Luisa Park or the Souk Viapol Center, but their discovery left it in your hands for when you visit the always lively city of Seville.